Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 247241
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Fort Collins
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
As a Customer Service Support Operator, you will maintain material and parts inventory and status information to expedite movement of material and parts. Confers with project managers to determine overdue material and parts and to inform project managers of material status. Locates and distributes materials to specified locations, manually or using handcart, handtruck, or forklift. Records and maintains perpetual inventory of quantity and type of materials and parts received, stocked, and distributed, manually or using computer. Compiles and maintains records, such as material inventory records, packing slips, and timecards, manually or using computer. You may examine material received, verify part numbers, and check discrepancies, such as damaged or unmarked parts. May drive truck to outlying work areas to check status of orders or to deliver materials.
Responsible for all shipping, receiving, and general warehouse maintenance and upkeep. Supports returned material process, off-site pick-up and delivery of materials, coordination and tracking of both incoming and outgoing goods.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Receive, unpack, and examine goods shipped and verify completeness of shipments against bills of lading, invoices, and other records
- Post received and shipped goods into financial system
- Route incoming goods to the appropriate person/ department
- Pull project inventory from warehouse inventory based on bill of material, ship and document as required
- Verification of materials to be shipped and completing packing list
- Export / Import Control Documentation and Shipping Hazardous Material Shipping
- Providing Cost Estimates for Transport
- Arrange for pick-up by specified carrier, expediting shipment, shipment tracking
- SDS Maintenance and Control
- Track shipments and report on an as needed basis
- Return and track defective and/or incorrect materials/goods to vendors
- Maintain an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times
- Keep the warehouse area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Make pick-ups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and raw materials
- Conduct cycle counts and post in financial system
- Catalyst Washing – Working around chemicals
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School diploma
- 2 years of experience in warehouse operations
Familiarity with standard shipping documents including packing slips, bills of lading, customs forms. Knowledge about proper packaging methods and ability to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements
- Microsoft office Program (Word, Excel)
- Experience with Oracle, SAP or similar financial programs
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple task, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Forklift certification
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.