Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 247258
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Our Field Service Engineer will work in an experienced team and exciting environment on next generation metro propulsion systems and bogies that are delivered from Siemens to the rail car OEM in Chicago. The Field Service group is working close together with our customers, all Siemens Mobility Departments worldwide and our Field Service Teams on Site. The main goal of the Field Service Engineer is to work with our complete Siemens team to achieve high customer satisfaction and a reliable product by coordinating the commissioning and warranty activities in the Chicago area for this contract.
· Develop an expert role in Field Service of Siemens propulsion systems and bogies.
· Perform, with use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components.
· Diagnose electrical malfunctions in metro propulsion control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
· Assist customers with issues on propulsion unit and bogie installations
· Assist customers in static and dynamic commissioning activities on the regular series production metro vehicles
· Perform Field Modification work as necessary.
· Debug propulsion software (similar to PLC) using a command line interface
· Respond field service calls for all commissioning and warranty issues
· Collaborate with Siemens Engineering to drive improvements
· Contribute and communicate technical feedback to Engineering to drive optimal reliability and maintainability of the product.
· Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong skills in reading electrical schematics.
- At least five years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of above
- Complex field service experience.
- Ability to work across multiple systems and develop core competencies beyond engineering field of study.
- Willingness to take a “hands on” approach to commissioning.
- Ability to learn new software programs in a continuously evolving environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Existing experience on Locomotive projects
- Rail industry field service on locomotives.
VR or DMV check needs to be run to ensure that worker has a valid driver's license