Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 247278
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies.
Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
Can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Machinist to help us provide quality products that make a difference. As a Machinist you will be setting up and operating six different milling machines or similar machines to perform various milling, drilling, tapping, boring, facing, turning, etc., operations on component parts for compressors and turbines. You will be working on 2nd shift at our Olean, New York facility.
What are your responsibilities?
- Setup and operate a manual or CNC lathe, mill, jig bore, etc. to do a variety of close tolerance machining.
- Produce parts from prints, samples, sketches or drawings and check work, using standard and/or special gauging devices. All work must conform to highest quality standards.
- Install and adjusting tools, set feeds and speeds, install fixtures, blocks, shims, and clamping devices.
- Load and unload parts with jib hoist, following established company procedures for loading and unloading parts and materials.
- Oil and grease machine as required. Clean machine at regular intervals. Use coolant when machining.
- Conform to all safety procedures and policies
- Adhere to all company policies set forth in terms of smoking, harassment, mutual respect, etc.
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop
- Experience in the setup & operation of manual and/or CNC milling or turning machines, horizontal boring mills for heavy metal removal on medium to large parts to produce component parts and assemblies
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day
Your shift work hours will be from 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm respectively in addition to your base hourly rate you will receive an additional $.70 per hour shift differential.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States