Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 247281
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and
related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Vertical Boring Mill/Turret Lathe Operator where you will setup and operate a vertical boring mill or vertical turret lathe to perform a variety of turning, boring, facing, forming, grooving, etc. operations on small parts and assemblies for reciprocating and rotating equipment. You will be assigned to work on 2nd shift at our Olean, NY facility. Your shift hours will be from 3:00pm to 11:00pm.
What are your responsibilities?
- Setup and operate a vertical boring mill and vertical turret lathe to perform various turning, boring, facing, forming, grooving, etc. operations on parts, components and assemblies for reciprocating and rotating equipment.
- Select and change tools, tool holders, jaws, clamps, blocks, jacks, parallels and setting duplicators as required.
- Operate pendent or radio-controlled crane.
- Meet close tolerances for concentricity and parallelism. Plan & layout original cuts to insure sufficient stock for subsequent operations.
- Use judgment in application of speeds, feeds, and machining methods. Read blueprints.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop
- Must pass our basic mechanical aptitude test given on-site at Dresser-Rand.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Experience in the setup & operation of manual and/or CNC milling, turning machines, or boring mills for heavy metal removal on medium to large parts to produce component parts and assemblies.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.