Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 247298
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miami
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems is currently searching for an experienced Field Supervisor to support upcoming Operations in Miami, FL. In this exciting role, you will work closely with the Project Management team regarding new projects in the Miami-Dade area. Your position will oversee the field teams to ensure efficient and high-quality execution of field work that oversees the job/project/contract budget and schedule.
You will be directly responsible for managing field personnel, overseeing the day to day operations of the group to ensure smooth workflow, and compliance with established procedures and protocols.
- Direct supervision of field employees on multiple job sites within a specified territory.
- Conduct employee performance appraisals, employee warnings and terminations.
- Roll out new processes or initiatives pertaining to field teams.
- Coordinate appropriate training for field personnel in conjunction with Regional or Operations Manager
- Provide feedback to all field personnel regarding performance, quality, and productivity issues.
- Enforce compliance with corporate policies, processes and protocols.
- Responsible for planning and maintaining schedule of all field resources by coordinating with Project Managers or Account Managers
- Ensure entire team accurately completes all required documentation weekly or per due dates- timesheets, work orders, daily logs, expenses, etc.
- Perform periodic checks to ensure high quality of work and identify potential productivity opportunities.
- Track and ensure proper safety training, and personnel safety equipment for all team members
- Conduct regular meetings with all field personnel to share company information, updates, safety, etc.
- Ensure that all field personnel are equipped with proper equipment and tools (i.e. vehicles, hand tools, towable compressors, traffic control devices, personal protective equipment, etc.)
- Lead quality assurance activities and resolve customer issues in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
- First level of support for field/technical issues.
- Effectively manage field operations for assigned service/project customers and ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Ensure proper communication between the customer and the field team.
- Discuss and review customer feedback with project managers to ensure service agreement retention and account growth goals are achieved (including add-on's, extras, upgrades, escalations, and timely renewals).
- Work with Sales/Regional Managers/PMs on labor estimates/pre-bid reviews when requested.
- Conduct job walks and site surveys (pre/post contract award).
- Participate in area/regional/staff meetings and decisions as requested.
- Support and assist the Service Account/Project Management Team in job take-off, estimating, customer demonstration(s) and perform site surveys.
- Communicate project scope and requirements to field teams in order to efficiently execute work (i.e. plans, estimated hours, schedule, material requirements, etc.), and ensure that field execution hits target budgets.
- Enforce material tracking process and protocols in order to ensure all inventory used by the field personnel is allocated to the correct work orders.
- Assist in monthly forecasting of customer accounts by updating project managers with current and planned construction/service activities.
- High School Diploma required.
- Individual must possess a clear and valid Driver's license in good standing.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Field Supervisor/Superintendent (or similar field experience).
- Strong organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to act as Team Player & Coach
- Work with minimal supervision
- Traffic signal and/or street lighting experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word preferred
- Hands-on experience with directing the activities of contractors and crews for electrical, civil, settings preferred.
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start including 9 paid company holidays and 2 personal floating holidays.
- Training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Field Supervisor with Siemens ITS, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in
the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored
work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.