Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 247311
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
The Sr. Financial Analyst will have the responsibility to create and strengthen the financial processes in Richland, MS. In addition, to coordinate all the financial activities with the site management (e.g. Cost Center Controlling, Manufacturing Controlling, and Offer and Order including Order Backlog-Controlling)
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for driving sustainable, profitable orders growth for the Business Unit (BU) in the factory by managing the order intake and order intake quality jointly with the Factory Management to ensure compliance with all the relevant internal rules and regulations, contractual clauses, pricing, cost transparency, etc.
This role will report directly to the CFO of our transformer factory located in Richland, MS, manufacturing Voltage Regulators.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Richland factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
- Periodic gap/deviation analysis reports need to be prepared including interpretation, development, and controlling of corresponding corrective measures.
- This key position provides transparent and complete performance controlling and oversees the commercial topics in the factory for the BU by identifying risks and opportunities and defining and implementing appropriate measures to optimize business results.
- Contract Management / Contract Structuring for internal and external business (Contract Analysis, clarifications, deviations, tax analysis, contractual risk evaluation, insurance concepts).
- Participation in commercial negotiations with customers
- May perform assessments of assets and liabilities, and manages inventory measures on a regular basis
- Performs comparisons Actual vs. Plan and pursues effects of agreed measures.
- Offer and bid calculations: Responsibility for the commercial correctness, creditworthiness check of external customers, and support process of project execution to Marketing team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in preferably in Finance, industrial or engineering fields.
2. 7+ years’ experience as a Sr. Financial Analyst in manufacturing environment.
3. Proficient in SAP and MS Office.
4. Prior experience in strategic planning and success in a team environment.
5. Experience in Contract negotiations and strong Presentation Skills.
6. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
7. Enthusiasm, assertiveness and proactiveness are desirable. A willingness and attitude to transfer knowledge is necessary.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Experience in Transformer business or similar industries in energy industry.
2. Salesforce.com Know how would be helpful.
3. Logistic and Supply chain Management experience.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.