Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 247316
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Rural Hall, NC
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions or in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
Siemens Energy in Winston-Salem is the North American manufacturing center of excellence producing Steam Turbine and Gas Turbine blades and small components. The Manufacturing Engineering department is seeking a technical, proactive leader to join the team as an Industrial Engineer. In this hands-on role, you will support new component manufacture for Industrial Steam Turbine small component manufacture and assembly.
• Complete the development and implementation of manufacturing work instructions for complex machining processes including line-ups, standard operating processes, and quality control for lathes, VBMs, multi-axis milling machines, and mill-turn machines.
• Develop Manufacturing Quality Control Plans
• Determine quantity of raw material required for orders and initiate material procurement process
• Participate and lead in manufacturing process improvement projects.
• Support shop machinists to successfully execute manufacturing processes and complex machining activities
• Lead and support CAPEX projects and ROI calculations
• Support quoting efforts by providing cost estimates
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Related Associates Degree or higher education
• 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience in a machine shop environment
• Experienced user of SAP
• Ability to interpret technical documents and work with close tolerance machining
• Experience in implementing and/or improving manufacturing processes, information, facilities, and production planning in a shop environment
• Working knowledge and experience with complex 4-& 5-axis milling processes
• Working knowledge and experience with manual measurement techniques and applications
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Ability to lead / interact with teams to obtain consensus in developing processes and standardizing engineering deliverables
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BSME or BSIE preferred
• Knowledgeable user of NX CAD and TeamCenter
• Project management or team leadership experience with demonstrated delivery of improvement projects in a manufacturing environment
• LEAN, Six Sigma, Root Cause, and Continuous Improvement skills
• Manufacturing time study, manufacturing flow analysis skills, and value stream mapping
• Experience in developing cost quotations, ROI analysis, and skills to perform fundamental tasks of business administrations
• Knowledge of tooling selection and use (Feed, Speeds, HP)
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years