Business Unit: Mobility
Requisition Number: 247319
Primary Location: United States-Florida-West Palm Beach
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Technician - Locomotive and Coach Running Maintenance and Body Repair
Perform day to day running maintenance and unscheduled repair to a fleet of locomotives, coaches, and train sets
- Perform running maintenance on a fleet of locomotives, coaches, and train sets via maintenance instructions from Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Perform unscheduled Body repairs on locomotives, coaches, and train sets including Mechanical repairs, paint repairs (Interior and exterior), implement the use of various tools (ie: Welder, grinder, sander, cutting torch) to assist in removing dents and dings from minor to major collisions.
- Follow all maintenance instructions (wherever available) to adhere to and maintain compliance and high quality standards
- Responsible for keeping workstation and work areas clean and free of debris at all times
- Must be able to perform all other functions as needed including forklift operation, daily cleaning operations, and other as needed
- Develop a working relationship with the Customer as an employee and representative of Siemens Mobility
- Verify that all defects, tasks, and / or incidents have been reported and documented in (CMMS) for compliance, issue tracking, and closure
- Provide first line technical assistance to operations staff for damage repair of locomotives, coaches, and train sets
- Maintain compliance to all Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) related safety rules, laws, and regulations
- Must be willing to aid in moving locomotives, coaches, and train sets as needed in / or around the yard, site, and shop as site as needed
- Always ensure highest quality standards are met in accordance with Siemens Rail Systems
- Foster a work environment that drives a safety first zero harm culture (ZHC) and speak up when necessary as a stakeholder for shop and site safety for yourself and your coworkers
- Work with the local leadership to create and implement a learning plan and training solutions to develop internal talent and enhance capability within the hourly workforce
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
•High school diploma/ GED required.
•1+ years of work experience in mechanical.
•2+ year Collision repair experience.
•Strong Mechanical skills.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Ability to multitask and work under pressure
•Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
•Prefer Associates or other technical discipline or an equivalent combination of maintenance training and maintenance experience.
•3+ years of maintenance mechanical experience.
•Experience with mechanical troubleshooting: hydraulics, pneumatics, electric motors, pumps, valves, belts, bearings, gearboxes, and various other components.
•Self-motivated, positive attitude, energetic, punctual, hard-working, and eager to improve processes/ streamline the equipment.
•Experience with using a preventative maintenance system, CMMS is preferred.
•Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
•All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
•401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
•Education reimbursement programs available.
•Extensive product training and professional career development.