Business Unit: Logistics
Requisition Number: 247331
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Southaven
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. The portfolio includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid solutions and high-voltage transmission systems.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Complete modification orders as requested by facility’s customers. Work across the facility to collect the required tools and parts necessary to complete orders. Meet daily production goals by performing required specifications for the Modification Shop. Maintain certifications where required
What are the responsibilities?
- Responsible for performing the physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of products, materials, parts, supplies, and equipment
- Pulls and fills orders
- Assembles and/or modifies product orders based on customer specifications
- Uses specific job instructions to process modification using SAP desktop functions
- Processes special labeling as requested by customers
- Works with and around hazardous material when utilizing some of the equipment in the Modifications Shop
- May use, but not limited to, power equipment such as a forklift, hand tools, and other devices operated in a warehouse environment
- Monitor warehouse organization and cleanliness and assure that daily clean-up is performed as defined in the 5S program
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor or manager
What knowledge required knowledge/skills, education, and experience is required for this positions?
- High School Diploma
- Must pass and maintain forklift certification test for all types of lifts in operation
- Must pass and maintain certification for processing and handling Hazardous Materials
- Must have clear written and oral communication skills
- Basic SAP & RF Scan knowledge and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- 6-12 months of warehouse experience in a high-volume/big box environment
- Basic tool handling skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- High capacity for reasoning, specifically the ability to think critically
What additional knowledge/skills, education, and experience would be beneficial for this position?
- Electronic/Mechanical Engineering and/or Mechanical/Automotive repair experience preferred.
- Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts
- Ability to use hands to tap, touch, handle, and/or feel
- Ability to perform lifting up to 10lbs regularly and 75lbs occasionally
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, reach, kneel, crouch, walk and stand
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.