Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 247389
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Other Locations: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
The US eMobility market is THE growth market transforming the mobility and energy industries. Siemens is a market leader in the electrification of transportation and we’re looking for top talent to join us in continuing to drive this industry forward. Joining our team you will have the chance to work in a start-up like environment within a large corporation, combining the vast resources Siemens can provide with the agility and flexibility such a dynamic market requires.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
Manages the product lifecycle strategy and implementation for the current and future portfolio of DC and High-Power Charging products for the North American Market.
- Owns strategic roadmap responsibility of the DC and High-Power charging (HPC) product portfolio offering for the North American market as an integral part of the global strategic portfolio
- Defines requirements for global product development teams capturing the market needs and timing
- Serves as an active stakeholder with global product development teams to prioritize development needs
- Owns product marketing strategy for the North American market including sales enablement materials, web content, and events and responsibility execute with cross functional team
- Executes long-term plans for profitable development of DC and HPC products
- Actively involved in solution design for proposals within the North American market
- Works as a direct member of the global product lifecycle management organization including regional resource allocations, partnerships, and integration decisions
- Ensures constant benchmarking of relevant markets (competitor activities, technology, market development, pricing, standards, etc.).
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with business development and sales teams to drive sales and market awareness
- Initiates activities to continuously improve the product including use of new technologies, industry-leading trends, and insight based on customer demand
- Coordinates with existing training organization to develop content for eMobility specific solutions
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Bachelor’s degree in applicable 4 year engineering degree program in electrical, mechanical, or equivalent
2. 5-7 years of experience in developing and successfully executing technology road maps
3. Experience with Transportation, Electrification or Power Electronics
4. Proven ability to gain global stakeholder buy in within a flat, matrix organization
5. Proven capability to raise awareness of offering, USPs, and market leadership position in a new and growing technology field
6. English fluent is a must, German fluent is a strong preference
7. Experience coordinating with global and domestic stakeholders simultaneously
8. Demonstrated aptitude to gather and accurately represent customer requirements as input for development process and creation of messaging
9. Communication skills (customers, development, team, management, HQ, etc.)
10. Flexibility in travel 20-30% with windows that may exceed 50% during the first 18 months
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.