Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 247406
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Other Locations: United States-Florida-, United States-Vermont-, United States-Georgia-, United States-New York-, United States-South Carolina-, United States-New Hampshire-, United States-New Jersey-, United States-Virginia-, United States-Maryland-, United States-Alabama-, United States-Connecticut-, United States-Pennsylvania-, United States-Delaware-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 75%
Specifically looking for candidate(s) with experience in power transmission and distribution. Low and medium voltage equipment.
This position will primarily support the Central to Eastern United States, with maintenance I&C, commissioning activities and troubleshooting emergent electrical issues.
This position may be called on to support new unit installations and commissioning activities throughout Siemens.
• Demonstrated knowledge of power transmission and distribution systems required
• Must have experience with Switchgear, LV or MV Circuit breakers
Knowledge and/or experience with metal clad/vacuum switchgear.
Knowledge and/or experience with breakers or high voltage equipment testing, including analyzing test results and equipment condition assessment
• Must have experience in troubleshooting & repair of electrical control circuits
• Must have very good organizational skills to plan work scope, personnel and equipment logistics
• Two or more years of directly related equipment experience
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good presentation skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint, experience with project management software, a plus.
• Must be familiar with OSHA safety practices and perform duties within specified guidelines to ensure safety of self and supporting crew
• Must be highly motivated and a team player; must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
• Must be available to respond for emergency and relief assignments