Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 247431
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
The Process Instrumentation Business Segment Manager has full Profit & Loss and Budget responsibility to drive the Instrumentation business within Siemens Digital Industries in the United States. The individual is responsible for development, planning and systematic execution of a long-range business plan to achieve profitable market growth for Process Instrumentation. The ideal candidate must be able to develop and articulate a clear view of the strategic plan and direction of the business to the 75+ person Process Instrumentation Segment. The individual must drive a network of external sales representatives responsible for selling Instrumentation in the U.S. and develop strategic end-customers for the business. The role will also work closely with the Customer Service Business Unit to drive growth in the Instrumentation service portfolio.
The Business Segment Manager will report to the Vice President & Business Unit Head of Process Automation for Siemens Digital Industries in the U.S. and is responsible for ensuring close collaboration and alignment between the U.S. business and the global headquarters for Process Instrumentation. This position plays an integral role in the development of the top line for the entire Process Automation Business Unit.
- Drive Process Instrumentation sales and delivery with P&L responsibility
- Lead strategy, planning and execution for business segment across the U.S.
- Motivate and engage the employee base to drive growth and operational excellence
- Manage operational activities on an ongoing daily basis, exercising tight business controls. Hold people accountable and drive with KPIs to improve business performance and drive profitability
- Ensure product and portfolio needs of the U.S. market and customer base are considered in the global portfolio roadmap
- Work closely with the executive team in the Business Unit, Division and PA HQ to define and drive a focused strategy for the expansion of key Industries, Solutions and Products
- Build strong relationships with the channel partners based on trust and mutual respect. Ensure that the proper relationships are in place with key end customers
- Develop a consistent methodology for market analysis, references, tools, programs, solution maps, messaging, planning, enablement and customer leadership forums
- Foster strong relationships across Digital Industries and other Siemens businesses to drive a coordinated approach to common customers and leverage cross-selling opportunities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- BA or BS degree
- 10+ years of Management experience preferably in Sales and/or Marketing
- Understanding of Process Instrumentation and the industries where these products are used
- Respected and trusted leader with a proven track record of achievements, solid technical skills and proven ability to manage through change
- Expertise in building and leading strong cross-functional teams
- Track record in leading and/or helping drive an industrial sales and marketing organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including skill in delivering persuasive presentations in a variety of settings, ranging from customers to board/senior management level
- Ability to recognize the broad implications of issues. Ability to evaluate and pursue initiatives, investments, and opportunities based on their fit with broader strategies and their return on investment.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of time
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- MBA or MS degree
- Experience working with 3rd party channel partners
- Knowledge of process industries including: Oil & Gas, Chemical, Water & Waste, Water, Food & Beverage, Mining and Cement industries etc. and the processes, applications and solutions required by customers