Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 247489
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Cromwell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
We have an opening for a Project
Manager in Cromwell, CT. This individual will be responsible for participating
in pre-bid reviews and sales-to-operations turnover meetings. In addition, the Project
Manager manages the development of project plans, monitors project progress,
and procures subcontractors.
• Supervises, directs and motivates the Project Team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
• Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
• Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
• A minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience in the Fire Alarm field is required; 5 years preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred,
however, candidates with directly related industry experience
• Must have excellent contracting skills.
• Must have an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
• Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.