Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 247491
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is seeking a dynamic Operations Manager to lead our Building Technologies business in the New York City market. This is a great opportunity to become part of a global engineering powerhouse while working to make an already successful security operations team even better.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Manage the building technologies business while leading Project Managers and Field Technicians.
- Balance financial metrics with employee and customer needs.
- Conduct one-on-one reviews with direct reports to help develop each individual’s potential on the team.
- Submit financial forecasting information monthly.
- Complete cost reviews with sales
- Participate on job walks and estimating.
- Prioritize schedules.
- Proactively forecast labor needs.
- Identify and support training and development for staff
- Provide technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects.
- Actively coordinate startup activity schedules with the Project Managers, Engineering and Operations supervisors to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
- Develop manpower schedules and project loading to ensure contract completion in an efficient and profitable manner.
- Participate in or facilitate representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Solutions to Service Project Turnovers.
- Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams, including proper pricing and scope-of-work definition for solutions project opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the work we perform for them.
- Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Manage or advise on hiring, training, development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: BS degree as a minimum
- Required experience: Five years of building technologies industry experience, and two years of management experience.
- Required travel: 15%
- Other requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- A thorough understanding of project management processes.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction, Mechanical Engineering, or other field providing the educational background needed to succeed in this function.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.