Business Unit: Consulting
Requisition Number: 247559
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global powerhouse in electrical engineering and electronics, operating in the industrial, energy and healthcare sectors, as well as providing infrastructure solutions, primarily for cities and metropolitan areas. For over 165 years Siemens has stood for technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability, and global reach. The company is the world's largest provider of environmental technologies: around 40 percent of its total revenue stems from green products and solutions.
Between the fiscal years of 2017 and 2018, Siemens had revenues of EUR 83 billion and net income
of EUR 6 billion. The company has around 379,000 employees worldwide.
Siemens is working to develop and manufacture products, design and install complex systems and projects, and tailor a wide range of services for individual requirements. It is active in more than 200 countries, focusing on the areas of electrification, automation, and digitalization. In the 10 largest Siemens country organizations alone, employees from around 140 nations are at work on innovative concepts and visionary ideas. Siemens is well positioned to offer its customers local, targeted, and tailored solutions. In addition to the more than 289 manufacturing locations worldwide, Siemens also has office buildings, warehouses, research and development facilities, or sales offices in nearly every country around the globe.
Siemens Management Consulting (SMC) was established in 1996 as Siemens’ strategy consulting unit. SMC pursued a two-fold mission from the outset: the first is to provide the best possible support to Siemens through first-class strategy consulting services; the second is to train top talent for a potential transfer into Siemens line management, with all its multifaceted demands. Thanks to the opportunities for individual development, professional teamwork, an open-feedback culture, and enormous motivation shared by all SMC employees, over 100 successful strategy projects are now implemented every year. More than 500 former SMC consultants currently hold positions of responsibility at Siemens.
Today, SMC is one of the largest internal strategy consulting arms in Europe, employs 450 consultants and has offices in Germany, China, India and the U.S. After integrating relevant consulting activities across Siemens, SMC offers comprehensive consulting services, ranging from strategy through to implementation. As part of SMC’s new growth strategy, the firm is boosting its engagement in projects outside of Siemens with a clear focus on digitalization and the Internet of Things (IoT). Leveraging its industrial know-how and strong IoT expertise, SMC aims to increasingly plan and deliver end-to-end solutions for and jointly with external clients in industries related to Siemens.
Currently, industry knowledge at SMC is combined with the functional expertise that encompasses the following areas of strategy consulting:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Sales & Marketing
- PLM & R&D
- Production & Logistics
- Project business
- Service business
- Finance & Commercial Functions
As SMC expands its global footprint in cybersecurity, IoT and broader technologies, it is seeking to hire a VP/Partner for the cybersecurity practice to build and establish a leading cybersecurity practice. The focus of this leader’s efforts will be to accelerate the growth of a cybersecurity practice both organically and inorganically. As part of its growth strategy, SMC is proactively pursuing projects outside of Siemens with a focus on digitalization and IoT, and cybersecurity is viewed as both a strong stand-alone practice and companion practice to the broader portfolio. This leader will drive the build-out and growth of the cybersecurity practice at SMC.
The incoming VP/Partner will drive the success of SMC’s cybersecurity practice with a focus on strategy, growth, and the development of the team. Key responsibilities include defining and implementing the go-to-market security strategy for the U.S., and for meeting sales and revenue targets over time. This role is global in scope, but with primary emphasis on the U.S. market at this time; as the cybersecurity practice and the broader capabilities of SMC develop over time, further build-out of capabilities and teams outside the U.S. may also fall under the responsibility of this individual. As part of the leadership responsibilities associated with being the practice executive, this individual will represent SMC in the marketplace.
The new VP/Partner will be at the forefront of driving go-to-market strategy and be responsible for developing services offerings that are both standalone and align with existing offerings of SMC. He or she will also focus on winning business in all relevant external client groups. This leader will also need to build a cybersecurity team which is able to serve the external client base on the necessary quality level.
The role and capacity of VP/Partner shall be that of a market specialist in cybersecurity, with industry focus across sectors. The nature of SMC’s current portfolio means that there will be greater emphasis on the industrial, utilities, and energy sectors initially. The individual will need to be a hands-on consultant who would enjoy solving problems and will be deeply engaged in projects herself/himself.
The ideal candidate will bring at least 10 years of management consulting expertise in the cybersecurity space, with an emphasis on time spent developing and building out services offerings. The successful candidate will have an inclusive leadership style; s/he will be recognized for thought leadership and impact / implementation orientation. S/He will have the proven ability to shape, staff, lead, and implement large-scale, strategic consulting projects within a matrixed organisation. This individual will demonstrate the vision, business acumen, and credibility required to consult Siemens’ top executives on a peer-to-peer level.
The following prior experience and skill-set are mandatory requirements for the successful candidate:
- Sales: Proven talent for business development and a sales-driven hunter mentality; executive gravitas, presence, energy and impact in order to build and grow the SMC brand externally;
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Drive, motivation and entrepreneurial spirit to develop the cybersecurity team within SMC and to become a recognized consulting player in the space;
- Domain know-how: Thought leadership and ability to shape discussions in the field of cybersecurity across topics relevant to existing and potential clients;
- Setting strategy: Clear and compelling perspective of where s/he would like to take the Siemens business in the cybersecurity space, and ability to communicate this point of view not only to the team but also to senior stakeholders in persuasive terms; senior stakeholder management capabilities and the willingness to demonstrate independent thinking and managing ambiguity;
- Consulting expertise: Proven consulting expertise in all relevant functional fields as well as demonstrated project track record and the ability to shape, lead and implement strategic and/or implementation consulting projects;
- Impact orientation: Keen interest on outcome and value for organizations, proven track record of having measurable impact with consulting projects;
- Leadership: Inclusive, team oriented and motivational leadership style, with a personal passion for talent development, strong sense of personal gravitas and excellent stakeholder management skills incl. finesse and sophistication of working within a deeply matrixed environment;
- International experience: Broad experience in serving international clients and leading complex international projects; track record of having led diverse consulting teams across multiple locations.