Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 247570
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
DCS/MES Solutions Engineering Director
- The DCS/MES Solutions Engineering Director for the Automation & Engineering Business Segment within Siemens Digital Industries Operating Company will be responsible for leading the project organization. The project organization executes DCS and MES solutions based on Siemens leading Digital portfolio including SIMATIC PCS 7, SIMATIC PCS neo, SIMATIC IT eBR and other application Manufacturing Operations Management portfolio primarily used in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical and Food & Beverage Industries.
- The successful candidate will be able to translate market trends, customer requirements, and sales strategies with cost effective engineered solutions following the PM@Siemens processes.
- The DCS/MES Solutions Engineering Director will coordinate with global engineering centers, utilize new engineering efficiency tools, leverage the Siemens portfolio (e.g. Instruments, Motors, and Drives) and develop the team’s skills sets resulting in a world class execution organization.
- The DCS/MES Solutions Engineering Director will be measured on solutions bookings, revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction.
· The position reports to Automation & Engineering Segment Lead
- Overall organizational responsibilities including project management, proposal, staffing, utilization and customer satisfaction
- Manages the most complex projects and leads project organization, definition, planning, implementation and control.
- The technical and financial success of projects
- Employee recruitment, development, training and resource planning.
- Utilizes PM@Siemens for DCS/MES Solutions including adhering to Limits of Authority (LoA) and conducting project reviews
- Ensure that Quality, Health and Safety standards are rigorously applied to all projects
· Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum departmental effectiveness.
- Defines and drives cost efficiencies programs and maximizes project margins
· Approves organizational structures and supervisory relationships in a functional area and manages cost centers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS /BA or advanced degree in Engineering, Business Administration preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in the process automation market
- Successful experience leading large, complex organizations
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Good customer interfacing skills and negotiation skills are a critical part of this job.
- Thorough understanding of the automation and manufacturing execution systems marketplace including market drivers, trends, customer needs and sales processes
- This position requires up to 30% domestic and international travel
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
In this section, please outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
- Additional advanced or minor degrees in marketing and business related fields
- A process automation background in the Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food & Beverage industries
- A MES background in the Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food & Beverage industries
- Fundamental understanding of the Siemens industrial product, solutions and service portfolio
- Technical Consulting, Selling and Marketing Background
· Ability to develop opportunity pursuit strategies and lead pursuit of complex opportunities across multiple sales organizations and companies (end users, engineering firms, systems integrators, etc…)