Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 247572
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Presales Solutions Consultant II – CAE
--Applicants must currently reside in the Eastern ½ of USA.
This is a Presales Solution Consultant role reporting to the Heavy
Equipment, Industrial Machinery, Auto/Transportation, Energy and
Process Verticals Sales Organization. Duties include, alignment of
Siemens Simulation and Test tools to address customer business issues
and challenges, demonstration and proof of concept of these tools to
deliver against customer and industry defined technical requirements.
Participation in customer benchmark activities, proof of concepts,
workflow development and customer enablement. This position provides
opportunities for a significant amount of customer engagement in
support of strategic Siemens Digital Software sales pursuits.
• Provides presales technical support for the Siemens Simulation
Portfolio, leveraging a combination of application and domain expertise
to a variety of Siemens Digital Software customers. Industry areas
include Heavy Equipment, Industrial Machinery, Auto/Transportation,
Energy and Process.
• Develops proof of concepts, demonstrations and executes benchmarks of
the Siemens Simulation Portfolio
• Aids in closing sales by demonstrating value and benefits of
solutions; preparing responses to RFI’s and RFP’s as well as other
• Contributes to the development of simulation software capabilities by
evaluating current product functionality; identifying needs to be
filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying
customer requirements to the Siemens Simulation product development
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting
ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to sales and technical teams.
• Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in
the application of the Siemens PLM products
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks;
participating in professional organizations and speaking at technical
trade shows or conferences
• Completed Bachelor (or a Master’s degree) in Mechanical, Civil or Aerospace
Engineering is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of recent experience in the application of Computer Aided Engineering
• Must currently reside in the Eastern ½ of North America, and be open to up to 30% travel
• Previous experience with software solving multi Physics problems in at least 3 of the
following domain areas: Structural Analysis, Dynamic Simulation,
Thermal Simulation, Structural Optimization, Motion Simulation,
Durability, Acoustics. (Acoustics test and or simulation experience a
• Experience using one or more of the following simulation codes: Simcenter, NX Nastran, ANSYS, Abaqus, LMS Virtual Lab, Simcenter STAR-CCM+
NOTE: Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.