Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 247604
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Join our manufacturing team as a Heat Treat/Shot Blast Operator to help us provide quality products that make a difference. In this role you set up and operate gas furnace and equipment to stress relieve parts as required. In addition, you will also set up and operate a blasting unit to clean castings and weldments. You will be assigned to work on 2nd shift at our Olean, New York facility.
What are your responsibilities?
- Setup and operate gas furnace and equipment to harden, anneal, and stress relieve parts
- Apply heating and drawing temperature according to chart or lab instruction.
- Tape off machined surfaces to protect surfaces from blast.
- Maintain recording equipment.
- Use cranes as required
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- Certificate of completion of a welding training program or equivalent experience
- Must pass welding tests administered by the Company
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.