Business Unit: Gas and Power
Requisition Number: 247653
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Supervises and manages all functions affecting production, cost and quality of documentation data being processed in shop area by performing the following duties. Annual shop cost of products is $20—$60 million with value of facilities and equipment at $10-$25 million. Direct responsibility for $3—$5 million worth of equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures effective operation of areas of responsibility for all shifts with established policies and procedures to meet assigned goals, such as utilization and internal failure.
- Directs, coordinates, plans and assists scheduling of work for assigned shift.
- Ensures accurate reporting of employee timecards and appropriate accounts to be charged by payroll.
- Maintains effective and timely communication between shifts to insure continuity and cooperation.
- Maintains necessary records for performance of hourly employees to insure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Administers necessary discipline for adherence to shop floor reporting procedure.
- Maintains high degree of cooperation with other supervisory personnel .
- Implements new ideas concerning methods, procedures and changes in technologies.
- Promotes and supports good housekeeping, safety, productivity and quality.
- Ensures environmental/safety issues arising from area of responsibility, or from own activities, are managed according to legal requirements, company policy and procedures, and good work practices. Consults supervisor/manager with questions relating 'to environmental/ safety responsibilities.
- Adopts a personal commitment to excellence and actively supports and participates in the Total Quality process. Be a "role model" worthy of imitation.
- Promotes progress through positive change, continuous improvement and actively contributes to the teamwork concept.
- Supports the Company' s Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy including implementation of component Affirmative Action Plans. Operates in a fashion to assure compliance with all Federal, State and Local Employment Legislation.
- Ability to travel 5%
- Plans and schedules departmental machines to assure prompt delivery of component parts to stock for assembly/ service, as required. This function is determined by assigned area of responsibility.
- Directly supervises + / — 20 hourly employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to provide leadership to and review work of assigned staff; effective communication skills; general knowledge of manufacturing function and production system; ability to be flexible to coordinate shift coverage.
- Ability 'to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, [ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Associate degree in an engineering discipline and 2 years heavy manufacturing experience or; or a minimum of 3-5 years heavy manufacturing or machining experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.