Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 247667
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Senior Field Service Engineer – Nuclear Power Plants
Customers around the world trust our products. And field service engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a competent advisor, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you don’t do “unfair.” Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, you will reach one hundred percent in your career.
In this hand-on role, you will be responsible for installation, initial testing, operation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and modification of customer equipment and systems.
• Conducts on-site technical and operational support in the design, development, installation and maintenance of equipment and systems of a very complex nature.
• Directs very complex site surveys to develop base or installation design plans. Guides training customers to maintain and adjust very complex equipment.
• Generates and submits reports covering all job activity. Guides the maintenance of very complex tools, test equipment, calibration items, etc.
• Develops the planning and estimating of labor categories, rates, material dollar costs, transportation expenses and per diem rates to complete very complex proposals
• Guides the review of very complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual guidance throughout task duration.
• Assume customer responsibilities, special tasks, and other duties assigned by the Program Manager.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or similar field
• 6-8 years of experience with Engineering degree
• 8-10 years of experience with non-engineering degree
• Must be able to travel up to 75%
• Ability to work in Nuclear Power environments including Fitness for duty testing and security screening
• You must possess key skills such as budgeting, conflict resolution, negotiating, influencing, quality centered, action orientation, flexibility and team leadership
• You should have knowledge and experience of project management processes and techniques, technical knowledge, skill and experience for outage planning and execution
• Must be able to review cost estimates and proposals to assist in negotiations of service contracts and to review and evaluate customer service programs
• You should be able to feel comfortable providing field service engineering and administrative recommendations in customer meetings and jobsite reviews
• Knowledge of SWPC operations and procedures preferred.
• Preference will be given to those who are able to review order specifications to determine the job requirements such as contract terms and conditions, price, terms of payment, implementation schedule, and manpower, tools and material needed
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.