Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 247672
Primary Location: United States-California-Fremont
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Pre-Sales Solution Consultant II
- Provides pre-sales technical support for the Siemens PLM Simulation Portfolio, leveraging a combination of application and domain expertise to a variety of Siemens PLM customers in the Aerospace/Defense, Energy, Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Automotive Industries.
- Develops proof of concepts, demonstrations and executes benchmarks of the Siemens Simulation Portfolio.
- Aids in closing sales by demonstrating value and benefits of solutions; preparing responses to RFI’s and RFP’s as well as other technical documentation.
- Contributes to the development of simulation software capabilities by evaluating current product functionality; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the Siemens Simulation product development team.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to sales and technical teams.
- Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in the application of the Siemens PLM products.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and speaking at technical trade shows or conferences.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Mechanical, Civil or Aerospace Engineering required.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years in the application of Computer Aided Engineering Software solving multi Physics problems in at least 3 of the following domain areas: Structural Analysis, Dynamic Simulation, Thermal Simulation, Structural Optimization, Motion Simulation, Durability, Acoustics.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years in the application of Computer Aided Engineering Industry /domain experience in one or more of the following, Aerospace, Turbo Machinery, Off Highway, Automotive.
- Experience using one or more of the following simulation codes: Simcenter, NX Nastran, ANSYS, Abaqus, LMS Virtual Lab, Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
- Familiarity with state of the art CAD systems (preferably NX CAD).
- Familiarity with PLM systems application, configuration and usage.
- Position requires strong interpersonal skills, ownership, communication skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or as a team member.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Location: Any Major US city near an airport
- Up to 50% travel.