Business Unit: Service Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 247712
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Project Financial Analyst
Siemens Energy is seeking a driven individual for the position of a Project Financial Analyst in the GP SCD – Gas & Power, Controls & Digitalization business, in Alpharetta, GA.
You will be responsible for all commercial aspects related to a customer contract (“Project”) starting with the project turnover up to project closeout. You will with the project manager and project teams to provide transparent financial and commercial analysis (costs, revenue and cash flow) throughout the project execution phase. This encompasses sales controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting and reporting, and month end activities.
• Primarily supports the Service organization with projects categorized as “Small”.
• High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Ability to be exacting, thorough and attentive to detail, while still meeting deadlines. Excellent problem solving, diagnosis and analytical skills.
• Exceptional communication skills with ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats to all levels of the organization.
• Ensure proper financial project set up including WBS structure in line with approved project budget and internal contractual arrangements. Set up of a financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
• Set up and closely monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, etc. Ensure full compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting guidelines under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley, export control, signature authorities.
• Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, reconciliation of project cash flow and continuous deviation analysis. Ensure data integrity between SAP and specific reporting tools.
• Support the responsible Project Manager with change management issues relating to the project scope. Obtain verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing in accordance with PM@Siemens Guidelines.
• Continuously assess risks and opportunities and their impact to prevent margin deterioration. Drive and implement measures in collaboration with the project manager to leverage opportunities to improve the project performance, e.g. through claim management.
• Support Project Managers to ensure project quality based on PM@Siemens Guidelines and achievement of project goals (revenue, margin, SG&A, etc.).
• Manage project cash position with strong focus on account receivables and project cash flow.
• Collaborate with Procurement and Project Managers to ensure competitive pricing from suppliers. Focus on terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors to align with end-customer contract.
• Evaluate business models for international customers considering tax implications and export regulations (e.g. withholding taxes, VAT, import fees).
• Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances) to achieve contract commitments.
• Working knowledge of Accounting and Controlling principles and procedures
• Ability to handle complex accounting topics (Revenue Recognition, Loss Calculations, Cash Positions, etc.)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree
• 2-5 years of successful experience in related field
• Experience using SAP
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work and multitask effectively
• Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Small or ‘C’ Project management experience
• Working knowledge of project accounting and project lifecycles
• Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.