Business Unit: Digital Grid
Requisition Number: 247718
Primary Location: United States-California-Foster City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
- Work closely with architects to design, implement, and deliver eMeter platform components and new functionality.
- Develop prototypes, high level and detailed designs, Java implementation, automated tests, and performance and resilience tests.
- Do this with strong design and high quality, delivering a complete, enterprise-class solution.
- Work collaboratively with application development teams and other platform users, to understand their needs, improve the platform as a product, and educate and ensure consistent, best-practice use of the platform.
- Help to foster an environment of open communication, creative thinking, problem solving, and cohesive team effort.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing complex, configurable, scalable enterprise software applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant technologies, including Core and Advanced Java, multi-threading, frameworks such as Spring, asynchronous messaging, relational and NoSQL databases, data modeling, RESTful interfaces, and IoT.
- Understanding of the architectural principles for cloud based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, infrastructure as code, and continuous availability.
- Proficient at unit testing, code coverage, performance profiling, and debugging complex Java applications.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team player and technical mentor.