Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 247727
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Hutchinson
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, the world's largest wind energy company is looking to add to our team at our Hutchinson, KS Nacelle Assembly facility. We are looking for a motivated experienced Engineering Manager to lead the Engineering Team.
The Engineering Manager will supervise the Engineering Department and will plan, organize and direct personnel to meet company objectives for the design and improvement of existing product lines. This position will be expected to develop ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage human capital more effectively.
· Provide leadership, strategic guidance, and training to the engineering team
· Ensure the operational excellence of the assembly process for different production lines
· Develop and implement new assembly process focusing on cost reduction and efficiency increase
· Responsible for the technical writing with focus on work instructions and other technical documents for the shop floor
· Make sure that all operations are sustained by a strong and updated Standard Work Instruction
· Hiring support staff in addition to training and development
· Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures
· Ensures compliance with all federal and state safety guidelines
· Define, implement, and maintain processes and systems to support product families, transferring product / process and new product
· Work with management in analysis and selection of new equipment.
· Perform project tracking when necessary. Work with buyer and maintenance team to assure all specifications, costs and lead times are all being met.
· Coordinate and facilitate installation of new equipment and layout
· Coordinate and facilitate project flow, while charting time lines and vendor payments.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff.
Required Skills and Experience:
· BS or higher in industrial or manufacturing engineering from an accredited college or university.
· The successful candidate will have a strong manufacturing background and supervisory experience.
· 5-8+ years directly related experience required
· Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver complex projects on time and at planned budget
· Experience in managing skilled workers in a technical environment
· Experience interacting with clients and sub-contractors
· Technical/practical education or mechanical/constructional experience
· Demonstrated leadership capabilities
· Strong problem-solving capabilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and related software
· Understanding of the work processes in a manufacturing environment
· Lean, Kaizen, and/or Six Sigma background preferred
· Must be able to work in a matrix organizational structure with minimal supervision