Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 247789
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
We are one of the largest global suppliers of healthcare equipment, renowned for innovative products, services and solutions including diagnostic imaging systems, therapy equipment for treatment and electro medicine and IT solutions to optimize workflow and increase efficiency in the healthcare industry.
We are currently looking for a full-time Engineering Technician 4 position in Knoxville, TN. This position is responsible for performing all hotcell and prototype support activities to test new products in the manner in which they'll be used in a clinical environment. Additional responsibilities include:
· Installation and de-installation of PET/CT, PET/MR systems.
· Preventative maintenance and repair of PET/CT, PET/MR systems.
· Moving heavy equipment to and from test cells.
· Software installation, configuration and calibration of systems.
· Limited use low-level radioactive sources and material as needed to accomplish testing of some components.
· Troubleshooting of integrated systems involving computer controlled acquisition and motion control systems down to the modular and component level. This troubleshooting includes electronic and mechanical hardware debugging as well as software and networking problem solving.
· Storage, retrieval, and inventory control of Hotcell and R&D equipment from offsite storage
· Hotcell process improvements and facility upgrades coordination
· System configuration tracking and documentation
· Tools calibration control
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an Electronics or Computer related field.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience working in complex systems preferably in nuclear instrumentation or Radiation detection systems. Experience in Medical devices is preferable.
· Experience working around high voltage.
· Strong computer software and networking skills with Microsoft Windows based systems.
· Good, practical, working knowledge of electronic hardware.
· Practical knowledge or experience in mechanical systems and proficiency in the use of hand tools.
· Experience in a large scale manufacturing environment, including manufacturing engineering, test, quality control, etc. is highly desirable.
· Experience with FDA Regulations, ISO 9001 Requirements, and Good Manufacturing Practices or other quality controlled design and manufacturing environments is highly desirable