Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 247801
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Head of Construction Services
Siemens Service Power Transmission organization provides turn-key installation and commissioning, repair, refurbishment and service for of all OEM and non-OEM Transmission & Distribution assets including but not limited to HV Power Transformers, Circuit Breakers, GIS, FACTS, HVDC, and Offshore Wind.
The Head of Construction Services will be responsible for providing expert technical knowledge regarding Civil and Installation services for Special Projects. Special Projects for the SPT organization include greenfield and brownfield Transmission and Distribution projects within a defined mandate. The position will require extensive experience Estimating Work, writing Construction Execution plans, Scheduling, Managing Site Supervision, and working closely with labor groups (union and no-union) to staff projects. The position will require close coordination with procurement for the purchasing and scheduling of equipment, materials, and supplies to self-perform all Work. The position will require the ability to respond to any potential grievances and or contract negotiations with Union labor. This position will have accountability for profit and loss in the Special Projects department.
The Head of Construction will work closely with Business Development to identify opportunities and determine risk and mitigation strategies. This position reports to the VP Service Power Transmission in the United States.
• Review of customer specifications, RFP’s, RFI’s, commercial/technical documents, product requirements for tenders
• Review drawing packages, equipment submittals, testing specifications and other engineering-related documents
• Ability to develop a project execution plan and cost the plan per the Customer RFP documents
• Ability to identify project risk and associated liability and understand how to mitigate the risk and liability
• Ability to present complex project execution solutions to Customers
• Able to work within teams and product groups, internal and external
• Support project turnover activities to the project execution team
• Assist in developing new bid strategies, and market assessment tools
• Support process improvements, visibility, transparency, and accuracy wherever possible.
Required Education and Experience:
• 20 years or more of direct construction supervision and planning
• Industry knowledge of design and installation requirements for HV and MV transmission and distribution equipment; switchgear, breakers, conductors, power transformers
• Industry knowledge of civil design, sequencing, and construction
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external
• Ability to work effectively across various functions and departments
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experienced in reading and reviewing electrical schematics; AutoCAD experience a plus
• Ability to set and manage priorities
• Proven record of managing craft personnel; including but not limited to, carpenters, ironworkers, linemen, and operators
• Demonstrate a proven track record with Customers and demonstrate efficient construction means and methods
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.