Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 247805
Primary Location: United States-California-West Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
Be the driver that leads our valued customers through the Digitization of Building Services. Reporting to the Sales Manager, this role manages and grows an assigned vertical market and group of accounts while selling directly to end-users.
The Sales Executive develops long-term relationships while acting as the primary point of contact for end users, expanding the value of assigned accounts for Siemens Smart Infrastructure offerings related to automation, electrical services, building management software, energy optimization, and fault detection and diagnostics.
- No cap commission structure will allow you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
- Leverage the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Service & Product portfolios in expanding your customer base.
- Excellent Benefits package including: medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, and vehicle reimbursement -- all of which start from Day One of employment.
- Quick ramp-up time with Siemens new Ready To Sell Development Program: A structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time.
- Initiates / builds / maintains long-term relationships with the appropriate account decision makers.
- Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned markets while skillfully collaborating with both internal and external partners.
- Develops high-quality best total-solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of market conditions and competitors activities to develop sales plans that achieve or exceed short and long-term sales goals.
- Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate.
- Prepares annual technology roadmap for each account, specifically related to automation service and upgrades, energy management, intelligent building technologies, and management software.
- Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations.
- Implements account development plans that optimize revenue growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Works with operations, finance, legal, and other inside and outside resources as needed.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections, and other customer satisfaction issues when necessary.
- Prepares accurate sales activity reports, forecast reports, and expense tracking.
- Participates in civic and professional organizations, workshops, and seminars. Keeps current on market, business, and product trends.
- Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical, and financial skills.
- Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering desired, although candidates with varying degrees will also be considered based on experience. A High School Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement.
0-2 years’ experience in technical sales, business development, or consulting within similar industries such as Building Automation, Fire Alarm, Security, and Energy Efficiency is preferred, however, we will also consider talented sales professionals with technical and financial savviness and related sales experience utilizing critical thinking and influencing skills within industries such as Software or Financial Services.
- Knowledge of and strong networking relationships within the local building market such as building owners and general/electrical/mechanical contractors strongly desired.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing the Challenger Sales Model strongly preferred.
- Must be willing and available to travel 5-10% overnight for training and business development.
- Must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Must possess a valid, clean Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.