Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 247862
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Pre Sales Engineer
(Location: Orlando, FL Based)
This position is in the Engineering organization for solar and storage located in Orlando. The engineer in this position would support the sales organizations with primary focus on the solar and storage product line from Gamesa Electric, with hierarchical dependence of this SGRE subsidiary. The job function includes all aspects of bid preparation including:
- Providing technical support in customer meetings / negotiations
- Identifies solutions to the customer requirements based on the product portfolio
- Actively involved in all proposal phases, analyses customer requests and their technical feasibility as well as the possible realization during all proposal phases within the LOA (Letter of Offer and Acceptance) process
- Defines proposal strategy and basic project conditions in collaboration with Sales
- Participates in the development of the local supply chain for solar PV and energy storage solutions (step-up or pad-mounted transformers, MV protection switchgears, battery modules, providers of building integration, containerized or skid-mounted solutions, auxiliary power systems, HVAC systems, fire detection and extinguishing systems,…)
- Leads technical contract negotiations
- Determines scope of supply
- Interface with the engineering, purchasing, logistics and project management departments for project specific inputs
- Providing input on transfer /sales price calculation
- Interface with US and European factories and engineering departments on product development
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelors degree required
- 5+ Years experience in Engineering or Proposals within an Energy industry, mainly focused on utility scale solar PV and energy storage projects
- Engineering skills on electric /electronic competences (knowledge on power electronics equipment and related grid-code compliance requirements, capable of reading engineering drawings, perform engineering analysis, understanding design principles of utility scale solar PV and energy storage systems)
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project),
- Document and time management.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Why Siemens Gamesa?
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.