Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 247865
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens Grand Prairie, TX is looking for a Quality Technician to join their growing facility. The Quality technician to perform electrical, application and mechanical testing on Power Distribution products mainly 600V or less (Low Voltage Switchgear, Switchboard and Power Panels). This person is critical towards maintaining quality of highly custom and complex products for EM LP. The candidate will report to Engineering Manager and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Test and Inspect Low Voltage Switchgear and Switchboards to applicable standards (i.e. UL1558, UL891, IEEE, etc)
• Use multi meter and electrical theory to verify power readings and circuit design to ensure proper wiring and operation
• Use Hipot, test cart, hand tools and various other tools to aid in testing
• Use specialized software for testing/inspecting when required (i.e. Siemens WinPM, Step 7, MicroWin, WinCC Flexible, SAP, etc.)
• Perform inspections/audits of mechanical and electrical assemblies
• Maintain and input records or reports related to testing/inspecting activities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Associate degree or equivalent ( Bachelor’s will be preferred but not required)
• 5 years or more in capacity of engineering or quality functions for power distribution equipment
• Knowledge of prevailing codes (UL1558, UL891, UL508 ) is preferred.
• Knowledge of power distribution components ( breakers, relays, communicating devices ) is required
• 30% travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.