Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 247876
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Mobility Division provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – all products, solutions and services regarding mobility are handled by the Mobility Division.
Engineering Development Program
Division Representation: Mobility Management - Rail Automation
Are you ready to be a part of our US based Rail Automation engineering group, with the products, solutions and services that keep industries growing and people moving?
What is the Engineering Development Program?
The Engineering Development Program (EDP) prepares recently graduated professionals for a successful career in railway Signaling and control systems Engineering for mass transit and mainline railroads. Through extensive training, program participants will learn engineering methodologies and techniques and gain knowledge of Siemens’ products, technology and culture.
Your responsibilities may include:
• Understanding the rich history of Siemens and the Siemens values
• Learning about our business units
• Learning about the broad range of current Rail automation engineering projects and activities.
• Training on a broad range of engineering services and activities to Mass transit and main line railroads.
• Learning about PTC implementation, wiring verification, field testing and field troubleshooting services and more.
• Establishing internal/external relationships
• Developing professional skills and capabilities
• Access to and network with Siemens’ senior decision makers and key leaders
This instructional and hands-on program, when combined with results-driven, highly-motivated top graduates, is a recipe for a successful engineering career with a global market leader.
The program is a full-time position with benefits and is designed to create a sustainable career path with Siemens.
Through a career at Siemens, students and recent graduates will receive top-of-the-line training, develop professional skills and be at the forefront of engineering innovation. Here, the opportunities are limitless.
Who Should Apply?
We’re looking for people who are resourceful — true problem solvers who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the successes of the company, our customers and the world.
To apply for the Engineering Development Program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Majors: Electrical Engineering or Industrial/System Engineering,
• Minimum GPA: 3.0
• Relocation and Travel: Must be willing to relocate and travel as required by program
• Work Authorization: Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required
What are my benefits?
As a full-time employee, your benefits will include:
Competitive Health Care benefits,
Paid Vacation and Holiday,
Retirement Plan: 401K,
Personal and Professional Development training,
June 2017 – July 2019 (2 years 1 month)Louisville, KY; Pittsburgh, PA;, New York, NY
Mobility Rail Automation Division
Rotation 1 (Louisville, KY) – System engineering/testing
Rotation 2 ( Louisville, KY ) – Application testing/Product support
Rotation 3 (Pittsburgh, PA ) – Carborne hardware design
Rotation 4 (New York, NY ) – CBTC/Communications