Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 247908
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Fort Collins
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Power Generation Services (PS) has an exciting opportunity for a Remote Diagnostic Center (RDC) Engineer to join our Fort Collins office. Reporting to the RDC Manager, the successful candidate will work within a diverse team based in our Reciprocating Compressors and Engines (RCE) Services team.
An established world leader in Digital Services, our RDS teams have been providing solutions for global power generation and oil and gas projects for over 20 years. The RDC Engineers provide remote monitoring and reporting for assigned connected sites under Daily Monitoring and develop and implement RCE specific detection agents in alignment with the global RDS guidelines and RCE requirements. They will recover and maintain all RCE know-how already embedded in existing Diagnostic Networks; manage workflow/ticketing related activities with regards to the Customer Technical Support service across multiple remote sites and regional hubs. RDC Engineers provide the vital link between our Data, Service Engineering and Service Operations teams to include our world class 24/7/365 Operational Service Desk.
This role is primarily office based, supporting our 24/7/365 remote monitoring operations, however 'out-of-normal-hours' support may be required to meet customer expectations. This role will be subject to continuous professional development from both academic and product related perspectives. Product development and more specific RDS training requirements will be assessed during on-boarding and an appropriate personal development plan created and delivered thereafter.
- Energetically help build and grow the RDS solution for the RCE product line and its global install base
- Provide remote monitoring and reporting for assigned connected sites under Daily Monitoring
- Recover, maintain and keep updated the RCE specific know-how of detection/diagnostics
- Design, develop, verify and test new detection agents, based on specific RCE failure modes and criticalities.
- Ensure RDS Data Integrity which includes site data collection, transmittal, and processing
- Support the local research and development activities that have been agreed by RDS global via the Product Development process. Engaging globally with RDC's, external suppliers, academia, customers and professional bodies to maintain competitive advantage.
- Identify opportunities for development and support the overall RDS Research & Development engineering priorities.
- Participate as required in Product Line Technology Reviews to provide RDS feedback for product improvement.
- A genuine passion for data driven services and industrial machinery.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Knowledge and demonstrated interest of IT systems, computers, and programming
- Interest in data driven topics such as regression analysis, statistics, and machine learning
- Must be customer focused and be able to demonstrate leadership, trouble shooting, problem solving and analytical skills / decision making in a high-pressure environment.
- RCE products are used globally so an appreciation of Siemens international Customer base and their respective cultural diversity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative and be a flexible self-starter, working with minimal direction.
- Willing and able to travel 5%
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.