Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 247936
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Supervise Buyers to manage the flow of materials from suppliers to support production requirements. Review and plan requirements for purchasing complex materials. Support Strategic Procurement in the negotiations of contracts for goods, services, suppliers, equipment related to materials, and monitor contractual obligations for compliance. Participate in the evaluation of vendor performance. Monitors complex product activities so that project objectives are met in accordance with schedules.
- Supervise the tactical buyers and support functions.
- Ensure that Purchasing function is driving to obtain the best pricing for high quality, purchased materials, while supporting business targets.
- Responsibility for material availability, supplier on time performance to Siemens required dates, and raw material inventory turns
- Actively manage material deliveries to align with production schedule changes to manage raw material inventory levels.
- Proactively communicate purchased material shortages to all relevant parties and implement permanent corrective actions for missing materials
- Evaluate and drive supplier performance improvements
- Troubleshoot and resolve very complex problems related to suppliers, materials and production
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5 plus years experience in Manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated Leashership or Supervisor experience
- Demonstrated ability to take on project management ownership execute on daily activities.
- Detail and Results oriented
- Excellent priority setting ability
- Demonstrated sense of urgency
- Must be familiar with supplier on-time delivery goals/metrics, examples to be provided
- At a minimum, experience with preferred sourcing models
- Complete understanding of inventory management
- Proven experience with supplier audits and tools used
- Experience with the coordination of supplier workshops
- Familiar with commercial contracts, logistics agreements or quality agreements
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve processes
- Cross functional experiences with Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing
- Strong Excel skills
-Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Previous experience in make or engineer to order environment
- VBA knowledge
- International buying experience
- Import experience