Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 247938
Primary Location: United States-New York-Corning
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for an HVAC Field Service Technician - Service Specialist Level 1 to support our Building Automation HVAC Controls Service Group in the Corning, NY area.
Field Service Technician (Service Specialist) is responsible for completing
HVAC Controls service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and
calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking,
maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
position may have some responsible for completing the same tasks with FIRE,
LIFE SAFETY systems, so any experience in this arena or NICET qualifications is
• Executes customer support program tasks as scheduled.
• Performs technician preventative maintenance and diagnostics on HVAC Controls automation systems and components as outlined in the technical support program.
• Responds to emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
• Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities (T&M Work) including system upgrades and service contact expansion.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractors at job site as required.
• Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity and other necessary information daily / weekly.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
• Works with other branch, company or external service providers / vendors to arrange service and to resolve problems.
• Participates in job site final walk through and / or final completion for construction to service turnover on assigned jobs.
• Conducts training for customers on site or at the branch.
• Provides technical support, coaching, and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related HVAC controls field
experience preferred, although candidates with a combination of directly
related HVAC technician experience and education (HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
a minimum requirement) will also be considered.
• 1-2 years HVAC engineer/service technician experience is desired.
• Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building controls and operations preferred.
• Skilled in programming, job start-up, checkout, testing and troubleshooting for HVAC control systems or Fire, Life Safety systems.
• NICET Level 1 or 2 qualifications is desired.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Must be at least 21 years old with a clean and valid driver’s license; must meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle.
Why Siemens? We offer excellent Job/Career Incentives:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with job opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!