Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 247957
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Are you ready to be part of a team of highly motivated and talented building technology engineers, building products and applications that will help to efficiently operate buildings, reduce energy consumption and provide information to proactively service building equipment? As an Application Engineer at Siemens Building Products, you will participate within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for developing control algorithms for Building Automation Systems and applying or tailoring Siemens products to satisfy customer needs.
- Design, implement, and evaluate complex control system applications for building automation.
- Develop automated tests and platforms for verifying application functionality using appropriate languages.
- Create and review technical documentation to support internal process and external customers.
- Lead resolution of field problems in application of existing products.
- Explore design alternatives via prototyping, peer programming and expert reviews.
- Recommend alternatives or changes to customer specifications and processes to better match Siemens products to customer needs and to improve productivity.
- Use tools to model and simulate building environments and control systems (e.g. MATLAB)
- Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment
- Comply with current Siemens development processes.
- Research, track and contribute to emerging industry standards related to building energy efficiency and automation
- Serve as an expert in a valued, unique technical area.
- Provide guidance and mentorship as a technical lead, being responsible for the work product of a development group.
- Some travel required (~10%).
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in related discipline or advanced degree where required.
- Demonstrated capability to develop control algorithms using both block and procedural programming methodologies.
- Extensive understanding of building systems (HVAC, Fire, Security, Lighting) and sub-systems (Chillers, AHUs, PLCs, etc.).
- Direct customer interface experience and field experience in mechanical equipment inspection