Business Unit: Construction Sales
Requisition Number: 247972
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is looking for a Inside Sales Engineer to support sales engineers in the local and surrounding area of the San Diego market. This person will report to the Area Sales Manager and have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
The ideal candidate would have the desire and capability to eventually move into a sales position:
• Prospecting, developing and expanding new business.
• Potential for local key account responsibility for a select number of accounts in a focused market
• Ability to manage, develop and expand customer relationships.
Job Market Responsibilities include:
- Support the regional outside sales effort in the construction market.
- Potential for local key account responsibility for a select number of small accounts in the focused markets.
-Supporting Order Entry and Handover process responsibilities.
-Developing internal process improvements in sales cycle.
-Managing, developing, and expanding customer relationships.
-Post sale order management / change order management.
-Technical liaison between customer and business unit.
-Prospecting, developing, and expanding new business.
-Assist Sales Engineers with project proposal preparation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. High School Diploma/GED required bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or related) or Business or Marketing preferred.
2. Ability to read and interpret electrical consultant plans and specification documents.
3. Ability to effectively work with a wide range of customers, both internal and external.
4. Demonstrates strong communication and presentation skills.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications shows the discipline and willingness to work with our proprietary web-based enterprise systems.
6. Must be willing and available to travel for company training, business unit meetings and territory support
7. Ability to effectively multi-task.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Electrical Industry sales experience.
2. Contractor/Distributor work experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.