Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 248004
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Building Products Division within Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for an Engineering Manager/Lead to manage and lead our building controller embedded applications team.
* Minimum of BS/BA in Computer Science or Engineering or related field of study.
* 2+ years of managing software development team (7+ engineers).
* Experience with managing team performance, development and building a strong high performing team culture
* Experience with managing project deliveries, working with team hands on to mitigate risks, address any issues and challenge to drive quality product delivery.
* Experience with release Level Program Tracking - across teams & deliverables, risks, dependency management, …
* Strong technical knowledge in software architecture (e.g. microservices, SOA) and hands on software development experience.
* Experience in managing Agile teams with scrum master responsibilities. SAFe Agile experience is a plus.
* Experience with software life cycle management and process.
* Ability to work collaboratively with global multi-disciplined teams (e.g. business, marketing, finance).
* Collaborate with local and global partners and peers to create transparency and generate customer value.
* Strong communication skills.
* Experience working with customers is a plus.
* Experience with managing delivery of 3rd party software.
* Experience with managing budget, budget planning and tracking.
* Responsible for executing functional department strategy in collaboration with leads from other teams to support realization of business strategy.
* Building automation / IoT / Cloud applications experience is a plus.
* Travel – ~10%