Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 248013
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Laredo
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Join our Fire Alarm Installation Team, and while you’re working for an entrepreneurial global company, you will enhance your long-term career path. We offer exceptional benefits, including a matching 401K retirement plan. We are currently searching for a Field Technician with background installing, programming and expanding commercial Fire Alarm Systems. The Field Technician II will support Laredo, Corpus Christi, and customers in South Texas markets.
Provides technical service to customer's Fire Alarm systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
Coordinates with contractors in the process of installing systems.
Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules on a team rotational basis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma / (GED)
- 3+ years experience programming fire alarm systems with the understanding of logic functions (AND, OR, etc)
- TX state Fire Alarm License (FAL)
- Technical proficiency with tools like multimeter, tone generator, hand tools, etc.
- Understand and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to plan and coordinate with other trades.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and basic computer skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5 years leading Fire Alarm installation projects and programming systems.
- Knowledge about multi-node fire alarm network systems
- NICET II in Fire Alarm Systems
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.