Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 248038
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Posting Title: Software Full-Stack Developer Internship
Are you interested in developing software and being an enabler for real world industrial applications?
Here’s the right internship opportunity for You!
Join our research group Product Modeling and Simulation Research Group (PSM RG) to develop solutions to the real-world problems. The CT Simulation and Digital Twin Technology Field (SDT TF) is seeking a highly motivated student available for an internship in the area of software engineering. The successful candidate will work to develop software solutions to the real-world problems.
The Product Design, Modeling and Simulation Research Group, the lead organization of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Transformative Design (TRADES) program, to advance the computational tools for generating new complex designs. It also acts as prime organization or partners with top US universities in projects funded by America Makes, Department of Energy, Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute (DMDII), Office of Naval Research (ONR), U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) to advance computational tools for various industrial applications.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences. Our close contact to different business units in Siemens provide the opportunity for you to contribute and gain experience in real industrial applications. During this internship, you will experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research. An internship with Siemens Corporate Technology is a great opportunity for students to gain real world experience in a diverse work environment.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will get to work with rapid prototyping proof-of-concept software to enable the refinement of project-specific software architectures.
- Be able to assist Research Scientists with choosing the right set of software tools and architecture for achieving successful deployment of our projects.
- You will learn concepts, techniques and methods from domains/fields unfamiliar to the engineer, e.g., 3D graphics, to support the software development for projects in such domains.
- Implementing and maintaining infrastructure to improve the efficiency of our team’s operation, e.g., continuous integration tools, resource planning tools, automation tools, etc.
- You will have the chance to collaborate with Research Scientists, Engineers and Managers by articulating/justifying engineer’s choices during a software development cycle.
- You will have the opportunity to work on projects from different domains in modeling and simulation, e.g., full stack framework for generative design, 3D modeling and simulation engines, topology optimization, parallel computing, virtual and augmented reality, robotics and automation.
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- A BS student in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Science or Engineering.
- At least 1 year of experience in advanced algorithm prototyping
- Experience with model-driven development and component-based software engineering.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- Drive and motivation for career development and open to taking on challenges.
- Team player who can also be independent, prioritize work and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- The successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34