Business Unit: Power Generation Operations
Requisition Number: 248041
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Energy in Charlotte is the North American hub, producing all three main power-producing products used by central station power producers (Generators, Steam Turbines and Gas Turbines).
Manufacturing is an integral part of the Siemens Energy Charlotte facility. Valve Service and Components is a business unit within the Steam (SU) Product Line Service, with the mission to be the primary service center in North America for the Nuclear and Fossil Main Steam Valves and Actuators.
The Valve Service Business primarily inspects, refurbishes and reassembles ~140-160 main steam turbine valves per year. The Valve Service business is seeking a proactive individual to join the team as a Manufacturing / Industrial Engineer. A Manufacturing Engineer is an integral member of the team with the following key responsibilities.
• The successful candidate will create, evaluate, and review work instructions in support of the manufacturing process.
• Analyze shop floor inputs (data & findings), design requirements, and manufacturing capability in order to formulate robust manufacturing engineering recommendations.
• Serve as the Manufacturing Engineering leader in the preparation of detailed manufacturing information (Routing, Special Tooling Costs, Risks, etc.) for new product, processes, and technology into manufacturing
• Lead product, capital, and efficiency improvement initiatives throughout the organization
• Design and manufacture tooling and fixtures to be used in product manufacturing.
• Creates, evaluates, and approves standards of manufacturing information for production costs, durations, and risks.
• Leads a Manufacturing team for successful execution of a product through the shop (both preparedness and in process support of shop floor execution)
• Support product quality and improvements to minimize non-conformances (both proactive and reactive)
• Proactively advocating proper safety practices for general manufacturing and manufacturing processes within your areas of responsibility
• 5+ years of Manufacturing Experience
• Experience with CAD
• Experience working closely with shop floor personnel to troubleshoot issues (tooling, machines, etc.) as they arise
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Experience in implementing and/or improving manufacturing processes, information, facilities, and production planning in a shop environment
• Working knowledge and experience within manufacturing operations and demonstrated competence in a production environment leading diverse teams
• Ability to lead / interact with teams to obtain consensus in developing processes and standardizing information flow.
• Must network with cross-functional process owners and power users to create buy-in for change management activities
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
Not required but would be a plus:
• SAP and other IT platforms to develop and improve the manufacturing environment in the Charlotte Steam Department
• Project management or team leadership experience with demonstrated delivery of improvement projects in a manufacturing environment
• LEAN and Six Sigma and Root Cause and Continuous Improvement skills
• Manufacturing time study and manufacturing flow analysis skills and value stream mapping
• Facility and Maintenance interfaces and experienced in the aspects of Preventative Maintenance
• Experience in developing cost quotations, ROI analysis, and skills to perform fundamental tasks of business administrations
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.