Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 248048
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 60%
Test product functionality in course training exercises for revised course materials to accommodate new software and hardware functionality.
Maintains expertise on knowledge of service strategies, design engineering, installation, startup and troubleshooting techniques
Tests usability, product functionality and becomes a company expert on new products.
Setup and pack up equipment for courses of instruction. Need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Reporting, tracking and completing preventative and corrective maintenance on assigned products.
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent - Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Two to five years in a field position (Systems or Service Specialist, Fire Specialist, Security Specialist, Engineer, Sales Engineer, Project Manager) or successful experience in a comparable training role.
- 60% travel requirement for this role
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructional techniques and course development utilizing a wide range of media and learning strategies
- Strong platform skills and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Experience with one of the following disciplines:
- Building Automation Systems
- Security products
- Fire and Life Safety
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.