Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Business Unit: Digital Grid
Requisition Number: 248056
Primary Location: United States-New York-Schenectady
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Energy Management Division of Siemens is the one stop supplier of sophisticated energy management technology across the entire energy conversion chain – from power transmission right through to the customer – and makes it possible to adapt power grids to future demands, through modernization and capability enhancement. Our technology simplifies the control of power grids and ensures an economic, reliable, intelligent, highly available and efficient grid operation.
The Digital Grid Unit brings to market solutions that over time are scalable and compliant with industry standards for interoperability and security. We are making the Digital Grid a reality by partnering with utilities and cities to implement their visions. We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY and Houston, TX.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
The consulting side of the Digital Grid Business Unit (PTI) is seeking a Mid-Level professional with a proven track record who will be responsible for leading, and motivating a team of consulting engineers in the implementation and delivery of leading edge power systems analytics and engineering. This position will drive regional business unit growth in order to achieve corporate targets, and will be responsible for all consulting resources and portfolio activities. This position requires great technical management and execution leadership, as well as admirable people skills, while balancing bottom line objectives.
This position is integral to the Siemens PTI Management team headquartered in Schenectady, NY, and will require travel primarily in US and Canada, however other international travel may be required, subject to regional client demands. Additional commitments will be Business Development support for existing and new client development, all associated talent acquisition and consulting activities in order to achieve corporate growth targets.
- Profit and loss responsibility of regional Power Consulting Business, as per annual business targets.
- Manage resource scheduling and order fulfillment of all Power Consulting project orders.
- Drive an efficient consulting practice and monitor market rates to optimize billability
- Maintain a 3 year business plan and drive new portfolio development for emerging consulting services.
- Manage talent acquisition, onboarding, training, mentoring and development of personnel to support business targets.
- Manage client engagements, proposal generation and project management functions to deliver consulting services, as per Siemens PTI quality standards.
- Proactively manage inclusion and allocation of nontechnical and third party resources that can be charged out.
- Leverage relationships with Siemens Energy and Industrial Business Units.
- Manage the Personal Development Process of the regional Consulting team.
- Support the Business Development team in formulating and executing winning strategies, including promoting consulting services and
- relationship building as necessary with existing and new clients
- Manage proactive representation of Siemens PTI in professional societies, committees and conferences.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Attributes:
- Strong people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills.
- Extremely partner focused, proactive and effective within a team environment.
- Demonstrated financial acumen from a profit and loss perspective. Experience:
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of successful power engineering and/or consulting experience
- Demonstrated growth in power engineering and/or consulting leadership over career
- Proven track record of leadership performance
- Bachelors or advanced degree in related domain, with a combination of technical and business experience in the Energy Sector