Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 248101
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
As a member of Siemens Fire Safety R&D, you develop the technology that protects lives.
We are looking for an entry level electronic technician with experience in the assembly and test of fire alarm panels to join the Regulatory Test group. As a leading provider of fire safety systems, Siemens Industry, Inc., makes buildings safe through the development of fire detection and evacuation systems.
This position reports to the R&D Group in Florham Park, NJ.
Supports engineering product development efforts by assembling fire alarm panels and other units for submittal to regulatory agencies.
- Performs required testing under the guidance of Siemens regulatory test engineers and regulatory agency engineers (UL, FM).
- Makes modifications, documents findings, and suggests improvements under the guidance of a regulatory test engineer.
- Contributes to the evaluation and enhancement of test tools and methods.
- Assists in the troubleshooting of regulatory issues by performing investigations and simulation of the problem.
- Works with regulatory and development engineers to reproduce, diagnose and resolve any regulatory test issues.
- Performs modifications under the direction of the engineer.
- Sets up and executes test procedures.
- Operates laboratory test equipment.
- Follows test procedures for evaluating products.
- Documents test results.
- Identifies any failures during test execution and reports to appropriate engineering team members.
- Conducts UL CTDP tests and maintains records associated with 17025 and CTDP.
- Participates in CTDP audits with UL.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 - 5 years experience electrical or electronics experience.
- Technical skills and experience with mechanical, electrical and computer systems.
- Experience with assembly and wiring of electrical enclosures.
- Experience with hand tools, electrical and mechanical test equipment.
- Computer skills (e.g., Visio, MS Office software--Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- 5% Travel.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with installing Fire Alarm Systems.
- Experience with Siemens Life Safety products.
- Experience with regulatory approvals agencies such as UL and Factory Mutual (FM).