Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 248138
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Come join the Siemens Gas & Power (GP) Human Resources Leadership Team! We are currently seeking a motivated, experienced Benefits Director who specializes in both health and group benefits, as well as, qualified and non-qualified retirement programs. You will evaluate, recommend and administer benefit programs and ensure the benefits programs remain competitive, innovative, compliant with legislation and are delivered in a cost-effective manner. You will also be responsible for integrating acquired populations into GP existing programs and processes, as well as, divesting populations in an efficient manner. You will manage and support all US benefits initiatives. The position reports to the U.S. Head of HR and has up to two direct reports.
- Guide the strategy, design, implementation and administration of new benefit programs for the company along with related benefits communications.
- Recommend benefits program enhancements or changes to management by studying employee requirements and industry trends.
- Lead service provider meetings, on-site reviews and the RFP vendor selection process.
- Provide compliance oversight related to benefits plans and provides subject matter expertise to senior leadership.
- Develop strong partnerships with internal business partners and senior leadership.
- Manage external service providers to ensure benefit plans are administered appropriately, and that issues are resolved timely and accurately.
- Responsible for interpreting plan documents, Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) language, understanding and explaining legislative benefit updates, researching and resolving claims/eligibility issues, and providing consultative discussion and resolution to complex benefit situations.
- Maintain plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD). Work with legal counsel as appropriate. Rely on experience and sound judgment to accomplish goals.
- Collaborate with businesses, legal counsel, and internal finance organization to support benefits activity related to corporate mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing benefits and department operational budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
What will you need to know to be successful?
- BS/BA required from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years of benefits administration / implementation experience with large, complex populations.
- Strong knowledge and experience with benefit plan design, retirement plans, employment laws, HRIS systems, and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of ERISA, FMLA, HIPAA,. Section 125, Medicare, IRS & DOL regulations and FLSA requirements.
- People management experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate benefits information across a large organization.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills with the ability to influence outcomes.
- Ability to build collaborative business relationships
- Strong attention to detail with sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize rapidly in a dynamic environment.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Step to the front of the pack if you have:
- Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in the energy, power generation, and/or oil and gas industry is desired.
- CBP – Certified Benefits Professional