Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 248140
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Purpose of Position:
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) is a dominant player in the global wind turbine market and maintains its position by offering state-of-the-art products made possible by a team of exceptional employees. At SGRE in Orlando, FL, we have a global R&D department for the development and maintenance of Onshore Geared Wind Turbines. Within this G2 Platform Technology Department, for our Operative Engineering team, SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for an experienced Electrical Engineer position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group of experts that will work cohesively to solve design, cost and technology challenges.
• Primary responsibility for design, test, development and cost-out of wind turbine electrical systems.
• Drive technical solutions and reviews with design team and suppliers.
• Support the Solution Owners regarding specifications for Electrical components in wind turbines (example: power cables, electrical control cabinets, various sensors, lightning protection, converters, power unit, slip rings, etc.)
• Support the Solution Owners regarding BOM (bill of material) and assembly instructions for electrical components.
• Make design changes as necessary on the responsible components following the internal process.
• Responsible for providing engineering dispositions to the non-conformance cases reported by suppliers, in the factory or at installation sites.
• Support Procurement group on clarifying technical specifications to vendors on non-conformances.
• Support Service group on making root cause analysis and developing technical solutions to issues from sites.
• Exhibit an ability to diagnose issues with running equipment or equipment in production, based on site or factory reports and communication.
• Generate cost-out measures and ensure implementation.
• Ensure time to market and quality in the deliveries to our projects.
• Responsible for collaborating with regional and global teams to ensure designs are corrected or developments are carried out to resolve design issues.
• Ensure best practices and lessons learned are shared across platforms to facilitate knowledge sharing and encourage collaboration.
• BS degree in relevant engineering field from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree preferred.
• 8+ years of experience in electrical engineering design such as making technical specifications, BOM and work instructions, preferably in power industry.
• Experience with power cables sizing/design/layout
• Experience in GEL (Grounding/Earthing/Lightning)
• Experience with the design/qualification/testing of control cabinets and auxiliary systems (motors, circuit protection, sensors, sliprings, EMC protection, turbine lighting etc.)
• Experience in support/troubleshooting of nacelle production
• Experience with vendor selection/qualification
• Experience with UL & IEC design/standards
• Excellent communication skills required.
• Strong team player and familiar with working in large matrix organizations.
• Knowledge and experience with Wind Power products and Siemens Design methodology preferred.
• Ability to travel 20%.