Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 248151
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-New York-Melville, United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Design Manager (DM) enables exploration and optimization of parameterized STAR-CCM+ simulations. It manages the execution of many design variants, organizes the results and provides data analysis and visualization tools for users to understand their engineering problems.
The DM Team addresses a wide array of problems associated with an interactive client-server based application including: optimization study execution, process management, data analysis, scientific and information visualization, HPC, as well as cloud-based application deployment. Most code is written in C++ and Java but may include Python and other scripting. The applicant will be expected to extend functionality as well as maintain quality and backward compatibility while making changes to an existing software base. This position reports to the program manager of the DM Team in the Interoperability Division of the Platform Department for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Product Development.
• Design, implement and test new code in C++ and Java
• Develop automated tests in parallel with production code
• Review, test and fix code written by other developers
• Work with product management and other stakeholders to understand business needs and motivations
• Travel when necessary (up to 5%) for planning and collaboration
• Participate in peer-based code and design reviews
• Communicate clearly, concisely and precisely for collaboration across a large distributed development organization
• Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and Stash.
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics and 2 years progressive, post-academic experience in software design and development
• Experience in object and component-oriented programming in the C++ and Java with a focus on engineering.
• Experience with distributed and parallel processing.
• Issue management using Jira or a comparable system.
• Experience working on large, distributed teams and navigating large, complex code bases.
• Experience developing a scientific or engineering software application.
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight.
Bonus points / extra credit for
• Experience with mathematical optimization methods
• Experience with distributed process management and inter-process communication
• Experience with scientific and/or information visualization libraries and methods
• Experience with object-oriented framework design and software design pattern
• Experience of STAR-CCM+ or other engineering simulation products
• Experience with parametric CAD packages, such as NX, CATIA or Creo
• Experience with PLM Systems such as Teamcenter, Enovia or Windchill
Links for more information: