Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 248157
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. Siemens focuses on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
The Digital Content Architect is a SR. Database Administrator that will oversee the mass data transfers of digital content and technical product data between several internal and external data repositories. The candidate will actively provide improvements via quality audits. The candidate will work closely with the Product Management and Digital Content groups, leveraging their product knowledge to assist in the analyzing of content and technical data. In addition to improving and maintaining the quality of data the Digital Content Architect will manage enhancement projects for internal content repositories. The candidate will have excellent project management skills and work with development teams regularly without daily oversight.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
Requirements – Skills
· Access (tables of 500k+ records, queries with 3-15 joins)
· SQL written commands and queries
· VBA, Python, C, MATLAB (or other automation code)
· Analytical report writing (i.e. SAP, WebFocus, Crystal)
· Strong in business intelligence/business analysis
Requirements - Knowledge
• 1-2 years of experience in analytics focused on isolating data quality issues and maintaining data sets
• 1-2 years of experience in Excel, relational databases, database concepts, and database design
• Ability to develop useful automation tools for immediate team use and train others how to use them
• Experience communicating the results of analysis clearly in writing and verbally
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to provide regular status updates proactively
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with a curiosity to investigate problems and solve them in cutting edge ways
The strongest candidates will also have:
• BS/BA degree (preferably in a technical or research field)
• STRONG Experience in Access Database, SQL, & SAP
• Ability to write computer automation code i.e. VBA, VBS. Python, C, METLAB
• Experience in automation programs (i.e. WinAutomation or Winshuttle)
• Researches, analyzes, consolidates and interprets data using statistical and data analytics methods to create information on business-relevant topics, e.g. market environment, operational process and equipment performance etc.
• Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Operates and optimizes pre-defined tools, applications and data bases/data management systems.
• Creates reports and communicates results to various internal and/or external stakeholders (e.g. management, customers)
• Develop systems and processes to regularly maintain databases and conduct regular checks to ensure data integrity
• Create queries that allow data to be extracted and to streamline the data retrieval process
• Analyze overall content data trends to create and communicate actionable insights that help drive higher content quality
• Build and automate business intelligence reports/tools to identify areas for improvement in content and data transfer
• Build and automate business intelligence reports/tools to quickly identify changes in trends/key metrics, elevate issues, and identify areas for improvement
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.