Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 248159
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
As a Senior Front-End Developer at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), you will be spearheading our future product appearance and upgrading user interfaces, contributing to an R&D team in the domain of Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) that support our nation’s infrastructure. These distributed systems support connected devices and vehicles (e.g. traffic controllers, road side units, UPS, detectors, etc.) while supporting the complex decision-making tasks to control and optimize traffic in metropolitan areas.
You will join an established agile software team that is dedicated to developing ATMS solutions, participating in solving real-world problems, creating innovative yet reliable solutions. You will have the opportunity to build your experience in the ITS market while developing leading-edge software solutions and contributing to the safety of drivers, pedestrians, cyclists and improve travel times in everyday traffic situations.
At Siemens, we make life better for people, and at Siemens ITS we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making traffic flow safely and efficiently.
- Design and develop state-of-the-art web application interfaces from the ground up using React.js
- Innovate web interfaces for current and future applications to meet customer expectations
- Translate designs and mock-ups into high-quality, robust, portable, and reusable code
- Analyze and optimize UX/UI concepts for existing and upcoming ATMS products and applications
- Improve and refine the UI development approach based on the product roadmap and goals
- Drive the professional planning, estimating, and executing of work packages
- Develop and execute risk mitigation measures to counteract obstacles and delays
- Enable future product options and build bench strength for long-term growth
- Lead by example and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
- BS in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience and impact in front-end development in a team context
- Demonstrable understanding of agile methods, requirements engineering, SW architecture, design patterns, object-oriented development, test-driven development, integration and system testing
- Proven multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches, concepts, and improvements
- Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration with developers, testers, and stakeholders
- Experience designing UX and workflows
- Development experience in ASP.NET, C#/.NET and related technologies
- Demonstrable understanding of RESTful APIs, JSON Web Tokens, and web security paradigms
- Familiarity with React.js workflows such as Flux or Redux, EcmaScript, and data structure libraries
- Experience with common development tools such as Babel, Webpack, etc.
- Familiarity with modern DevOps, versioning tools, build pipelines, and UI testing automation
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose
- All employees receive life insurance, short, and long-term disability coverage
- 401k with generous company matching
- Education reimbursement programs available
- Extensive product training and professional career development
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.