Business Unit: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Requisition Number: 248216
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
- Provide daily carrier reports and compare offload times with carrier offload times at project site.
- Provide transportation schedules for all transport modes based on sourcing, expected shipping volumes, contractual schedule, locations, and delivery terms to achieve the highest quality performance regarding customer satisfaction and cost avoidance
- Ensure that transport execution meets contractual requirements over the course of project execution.
- Collaborate with Truck and Vessel Planner regarding Heavy Haul contracts.
- Collaborate with purchasing, direct materials, implementation of sourcing models regarding INCOTERM and mode of transportation
- Coordinate Method Statements with Carrier, Truck Planner and Transport Engineer.
- Coordinate route study with carrier, truck planner, and project team
- Identifies key procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damage/ exploit potential opportunities through risk and change management.
- Ensure all state and local permits are in place for preferred routes.
- Prepare transportation plan for the transport execution of domestic of Wind Turbine power projects.
- Provide monthly financial reports by tracking carrier invoices and air waybills.
- Working knowledge of project transportation & logistics of over dimensional equipment
- Knowledge of over dimensional trucking (pricing, regulations, and execution)
- Knowledge of project cargoes
- Knowledge and understanding of ocean transport with a focus on project cargoes
- Familiarity with vessel chartering terms
- Familiarity of port operations for containerized and project freight
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, especially using multiple worksheets within a single workbook
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word, plus familiarity with Microsoft Access, would be preferred
- Must be flexible to move between project tasks on very short notice to meet customer requests
- Quick analytical skills to compare and contrast similar estimate workbooks to explain assumptions used to support management queries
- Strong organizational skills to support multiple projects at the same time, if needed
- Ability to work in a team setting and collaborate in a fast pace environment
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Previous experience working with wind component movement
- Hands-on experience evaluating ports & roads
- Previous experience evaluating logistics suppliers
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience within Logistics (SCM)