Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 248242
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is seeking an experienced Service Operations Supervisor for our Fire Service Support Team at a campus located in South San Francisco, CA. This supervisory position leads our team of technicians and coordinators that support our customers located at this campus
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Supervises the activities and performance of on-site employees for support work.
Provides technical support, expertise, leadership, and accountability for impending customers projects.
Provides direct employee mentorship and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensures implementation of division productivity tools.
Actively coordinates startup activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
Participates in or facilitates representation of Siemens to the customer for all Fire Life Safety issues.
Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly cost/revenue estimates and assists in monthly forecasting.
Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for existing maintenance contract.
Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract compliance. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between Siemens and the customers.
Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training, development, allocation. and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required experience: Two years of experience leading a maintenance team or leading in maintenance contract execution.
- Other requirements:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs. (Proficiency with Microsoft Office.)
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred.
- Preferred experience:
Two years of supervisory experience with building technologies fire experience including training, developing, and goal setting for direct reports.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.