Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 248309
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The Head of Project Management- Rail Electrification is responsible for managing infrastructure projects, associated customer engagement, market opportunities, and operations throughout Siemens Mobility North America. The individual in this role should have a deep understanding of power engineering and electrification within the rail industry. The position is required to interface with business unit leads, functional heads, and global experts.
* Coordinates overall planning of relevant projects and decides on allocation of resources.
* Maintains constant communication to customers, outside contractors or other stakeholders.
* Takes final decision on organization related budgets.
* Initiates and oversees continuous development of Project Management infrastructure.
* Takes care for effective risk management measures, for the Project Management organization assigned.
* Ensures that assigned Project Management organization meets all agreed performance goals.
* Acts as personal advisor to unit´s Senior Management, in all Project Management related issues.
* May clarify cases as advanced escalation point.
* Heads dedicated team of Project Manager and/or Project Management Office staff.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience: 8+ years of experience in power engineering.
- Experience within the rail industry is a plus.
- Individual must demonstrate high professional judgement and competence.
- Position requires seasoned management abilities to manage multiple teams with highly qualified technical staff in national or international projects.
- Individual must be capable of motivating and influencing others to achieve impact on results in larger organization.
- Well established in external and internal networks within field of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively share knowledge in a systematic way in larger organization to grow know-how base and supports a learning organization.